October 25, 2004

The Weavers are leaver - part 1...el tapas

ohhhhhhh...the hangovers are finally wearing off...we had the bestest leaving do, in conjuction with Gills birthday. Managed to scrape together 17 of our nearest and dearest living in the UK (would say British but the Welsh, Irish and Shi Lanka contingent will be offended)and trundled off to our favorite tapas bar Los Hermanos in Sutton. What better way to say farewell to old blighty by drinking sangria and singing Delilah with the entire restaurant...all together now...WHY WHY WHY DELIAH LAH LAH LAH MY MY MY DELILAH... Those that had never been before thought we were joking about the singing bit, but we've always had a fab time and weren't disappointed. There was dancing, there was singing, there were flaming B52s (and I SWORE I was never going to drink on of those foul concoctions after last time) and the old classic 'oops upside your face' which somehow involves everyone sitting on the floor pretending to row.
I think I remember doing my version of salsa with one of the chefs when I went to pay the bill and eventually they kicked us out at 1:00. Staggered off home propping my drunken sot of a husband (it doesn't happen very often but it's awfully funny when it does!) and remebered to take on an alka seltzer and take of my earrings, so must have had some command of faculties after all.
M was so hangover the next morning he let Dylan (V's monster cat) lick his face..I swear that cat thinks its a dog somedays...lots of water and a greenfaced drive home, then it's back to the packing.

Finally ready for the packers at about 11:30 last night (NEVER try inventoring your household contents late at night on a hangover...how much is a drawer of sleepwear really worth!)I know I've moved 22 times in the last 18 years, but I think from this day forth the only packers I ever want to hear about are the sort that run around in a stadium in Greenbay

so five sleeps left to go...we move into the motel tonight...just spoken to M (he's on 'packer shift' today and there are four of them in the house.

No comments: