September 05, 2004

Sunday blessings

Summer seems to have stuck in old blighty for once...We've had at least 4 hot days in a row and I think this might constitute summer this year.. The weather gauge says 30 outside and we are inside cleaning damnit..tidying rather than cleaning, neither of us have been home much to be messy...Just seem to be bits everywhere, mostly mine for some reason, remind me why I married 'Tidy Man' again. Ran out the door to the photo shoot (oh lookitme...how glam) and the clothes didn't seem to make it up the stair...not helped by the Everest of ironing piles to tackle. Where is a Sherpa to do all the hard work so I can swan in and iron the last t-shirt..and I don't even iron M's stuff - poor sod! I'm pretty sure technically it's too hot and the last time I ironed in my bikini I still have the hotizontal line where I got too carried away, backed off very quickly though. I wonder if I could say ironing is hardardous to my health???
The new gardeners have mowed the lavender down outside the front doors so rather than smell of a tiny bit of France it looks a bit stark and bare. I managed to rescue a bit so its in the back of my car...looks pretty but I think it's supposed to put you to sleep so might not be the best thing for driving to work on Monday morning!
Better get back to the drudgery...need to work up enough energy to justify a siesta...Adios

No comments: