February 17, 2005

Cute shoes or snow shoes

Every workday morning I have a dilemma, cute shoes or snow shoes? For some reason when working out the workday clothes I've always started bottom up and I now have a little 'Chicago' routine to get me through the daily decison making.
I start my asking M how cold it is outside as the temperature thingy is on his side of the bed. This usually determine how woolly the trousers have to be and how thick the sweater is on top...then I look outside. If it's raining (not very often) or the snow is melting (even less) then nothing made of fabric or suede will touch my feeties that day. If the snow is deep or the path is icy, then anything which will cause me to fall on my butt in an embarrassing manner (is there any other sort?) is also out.
At the moment this leaves me with a selection of about 5 pairs of boots/shoes, one red, one brown and the others are of course black (Can you tell I've have been living in the UK for the last 5 years?). So once again I reach for the 'snow shoes' and all my cute little shoes in their little cardboard coffins stare reproachfully back.
If the weather doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I'm off snow shoe shopping on Friday night!

No comments: