June 24, 2005

Friday Feast time

Appetizer
What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?
When I was a single girl, usually around 6...now that I have Mr 'Set alarm early hit snooze hit snooze hit snooze then get up at 6' sleeping next to me...who knows. This happened in the weekend as well, until he bought a clock that lets you set the time different in the weekend to the week, much better for marital calm.
If I could choose then it would be 6:30 in the week and unless I'm catching a plane.....not EARLY at all in the weekends

Soup
When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.
Monday night
Jewel (weird name for a supermarket) has it's own kosher aisle since we live in a Jewish area. I'm working my way through the strange and interesting food to be found down there.
1. the wrong skim milk again (they have swapped the colors around from the UK) 2.a late birthday card for my brother 2. Rainier Cherries...yuuuuummmmy

Salad
How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?
I get through a couple (at least) a week so with 26 weeks already that's about 52...and it think its way more than that (I've read 4 this week so far). To M's despair, there is always a teetering pile of books on my bedside table, waiting to clobber me in the night if i stick a fumbling arm out to get the glass of water.
To many good ones to remember...but we have just read The Kite Runner for book club and it's wonderfully written book with a riveting story and I couldn't put it down.

Main Course
What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?
Being in France is always elegant, the French manage to make any place in France, from Paris to any little town seem elegant. Hanging out at the food market, drinking coffee in the little cafe's ...even the goddamn supermarkets are elegant in the way they lay out the food, how do they do that?


Dessert
Who taught you how to drive?
The driving instructor in his Morris minor with the gear stick that had about a metre between each gear. We would trundle down the very long straight Beach Rd, turn around in the car park in the end and trundle back. I think it was 2 lessons before we even did stop signs. And as we lived in a town without traffic lights, the cops wouldn't let you pass your test unless you had said you had driven in Tauranga, cos they had lights AND roundabouts.

1 comment:

Gordy said...

Where did you find th time to read 4 books this week! You must speed read, surely!