June 15, 2005

The heat wave has broken

and we're down to 25 high for today...a bit less humidity is nice but I'd still trade it for the lovely 30's anyday.
Since I'm feeling a bit blue at the moment(not to mention nonbloggingguilt), on the advice of my sister I'll console myself with a wee list of all my blessings (and I'm starting from Sunday cos of the first one)
Golf...whilst I'm not getting much better (2nd game in a year and a half), I'm out there and loving playing it. Played Texas Scramblefor the first time...and we even hit of some of my shots cos they were good, so I think I'll resign the gym membership(i hardly ever go) and get me some more lessons
Dinner last night - working in the office to finish off some stuff and hubby (like to call him that just for the hell of it) come in with chinese for dinner. Sweeeeeeet thing that he is
Plans Saw the plans for the proposed extension and all was good. If (and its a very big IF) we can work out how to afford this, will turn the 3bed2bath into a 4bed3bath...that's positively a mansion, what will I do with all that space! and best of all he did a free rework of the kitchen to make it a much better living space, which can wait for later cash if needed. Better start buying those lottery tickets I think...I might have a spare kidney for sale if anyone wants it.
Girly gossip... L and I got to talking as we drove our golf cart mostly on the road. Did you know they were 4wd...no really they are, at least out if eyeshot of the course official. I realized how much I'd missed face to face girly gossip about stuff, what to wear to a wedding, various foilables of partners, the best places to buy stuff, politics etc etc etc. Hope I might have made a friend there.
MIL & FILWho very nicely bought a cottage by the river all those years ago, a great big floating pontoon boat to go with it and a collection of BBQ's to rival your nearest hardware store. And best of all they let us come and stay, eat there home cooked goodies and lavish parental-in-law love and affection.
They also produced a pretty damn good sister in law for me to...well done you two.
lo-stress moving...for the first time in my life I'm not stressed about moving. I've moved more than I can remember and like a turtle, usually carrying it all on my back (or whatever car my friends/men with van and I had) We've got movers this time, hopefully MIL and FIL's trailer (and MIL and FIL as an added bonus) and we should be done. I'm sure it will be more stressful than that but I'm not worrying at the moment, and besides, I'll have to be at work that day - yippee.
Life's not so bad..oh wait, I need to go to the airport this afternoon...oh well

No comments: