June 23, 2005

GeoffRossNiagara


GeoffRossNiagara
Originally uploaded by zela.

as Tracy Tebear says today is H-O-T-T hot...its already 21 and we expected to hit 30-31 today...I LOVE summer. So even though I'm sitting in an interior office and have to lean right back to look through my door window to see Amy's window to see the bright sunshine outside it still feels good as I know it will be waiting for me when i finally get out. And if I shut my eyes and blank out the tasks unfinished and unstarted, i can imagine myself back on the boat on the Wisconsin river lying in the sun and snoozing (for only 1/2 hour on each side mind you).
We had a very exhausting weekend on the river...what with all the getting on the boat, snoozing, eating, snoozing, chatting, snoozing, lying down, reading, snoozing and getting off the boat to read/chat/snooze, it's a wonder I got time to get 4 swims in...and yes, I did go in first thing in the morning (get up yer porpoise...in-joke- -sorry). The fresh water is cold when you're hot and warm when the outside is cooler. No sharks or other bitey things (FIL can testify that nothing was biting when he went fishing too), although the tea color (due to the tannin from all the pine trees) does take a little getting used to.
So we had a very relaxing weekend, got to wish the FIL happy fathers day and my wee brother R happy birthday all the way over in Ing-geer-land. Can't believe that he's 32 already...seems only yesterday that I was helping mum change his nappies and stepping on his lego bits.
Here he is on the right of his cousin Geoff (they've always been close) when we all went to Niagara earlier

No comments: