May 06, 2005

random airport thoughts

today the trees are just packed with pink and white blossoms, none of the long flowering springtime here...seems to come in a rush as if the blossoms are so eager to be out they all burst out at once. I almost smacked into the back of a car i was so distracted by what was going on, on the tree's. Probabely would have been a bit hard to explain to the person I hit...'well I was looking and the blossom and didn't see you in that enormous truck in front of me'
It was a little odd going through the Cincinnati airport this week, I've not been back since Feb when it was so cold and here were the Avis guys walking around in shorts and polo's, as opposed to the sub zero ski suits and miserable faces i saw in the brief time it took me to exit the car and run to the warmth of the airport bus. They looked positively nekkid. Must be a damn miserable job in winter.
Trundled through the 'remove all your clothing and give me the name of your first born child' Homeland Security palaver and managed to insult the Zimbabwean boarding pass checker by asking if she was south african...never a good thing and she punished me by making me show my passport. I usually use my drivers licence going through US airport internally as it has my married name.
Down the hall way and onto the 'business plane'...seems to be mostly everyone is on this flight to get back to Chicago from whatever work they have been doing in Cincinnati...everyone has a rolling bag and/or briefcase/backpack. The men are wearing white or chambray shirts or some sort of polo straining over the beer gut if they have business casual. The women are mostly in black/navy/khaki/beige, and the odd casual traveller (usually retired) looks most bemused when we all line up the moment the desk boarder approaches the door. Seating area 1 is ready to go.
I've finished my porridge and am almost through my raisins, so it;s time to post this get a cup of mediocre coffee and get back to work.
Have a fab weekend all of you.

No comments: