July 21, 2005

and interviewed again...blimey

I read Ellisson every day at work, and he's taught me heaps on how to blog. I save him 'til lunchtime as he's always entertaining (funny or thought provoking or both) and occasionally posts about food, which kinda makes whatever I've concocted from the salad bar in the cafeteria much more tasty...oh and he has cute cats to boot.
Anyway, at risk of being thought of as a 'meme-slut', I asked him to interview me as well...Rules once again down the bottom of the post

1) Where have you lived? Of the places where you’ve lived, which one did you like the most, and why?
Richmond Downs, Omokoroa, Katikati, Hamilton, Auckland, London, Epsom, Stoneleigh, Sutton, St Albans, Buffalo Grove, Lincolnshire...and I'll let you figure out which ones are NZ, UK or USA!
Since I've moved so much pretty much where I happen to be at the moment is my favourite...I have a sneaking fondness (as do Mands and Annie) for Stoneleigh as that was a 'proper' home in the UK and we had such good times(and parties) together, despite not being as tidy as Mands.

Who are your three favorite music artists? Name a single work that you feel captures the essence of each one.
J S Bach - Cantata & Fugue in D minor...once heard, never forgotten and when you hear it in a cathedral, his true glory comes out.
Lemonheads - Into your arms...perfect indie pop, we couldn't work it into the wedding...but I got it onto the wedding video!
Crowded House - 4 Seasons in one day...I've heard this in the strangest places all over the world (Mongolian restaurant, UK truckstop at 2am) and it always makes me homesick in a way nothing else ever does

Imagine that you are condemned to be executed, presumably for a crime you did not commit. What would you select for your last meal?
hmmmmnnnnn, very tough question...there would definitely be roasties (Roast potatoes) made by my brother...roast kumara and roast pumpkin (imported from NZ where they grow pumpkins to taste yummy, and not to be wasted as pie)...since we seem to be having a roast...roast pork with the crackling on, yorkshire puds(made by my aunt), proper English gravy (the MIL can make it cos I taught her how), yellow butter beans, crunchy raw turnip(laugh if you want but it's MY last supper) and then to top it all off...Auntie Y's mince pies as no one else in the world can make them like that.
And for my release party we're having smoked Marlin...

If you could be a character from TV/Book/Film who would you be, and why?
Granny Weatherwax or Nanny Ogg...all the knowledge or all the sex power....hmmmmmn, failing that, Yoda would work for me, I've always thought a light sabre would come handy, especially if the power goes out!

What is your hometown, and what is special or unique about it?
Lincolnshire (as of 13 days ago)...pop 48,000 by day and 6,000 by night when all the workers in the offices go home...you get great facilities due to the taxes and minimal people to enjoy it with...and the tree's ROCK (though I might be telling a different story in autumn when the leaves fall off)

1 comment:

Elisson said...

A fine interview, indeed.

Lincolnshire, is it, then? Sounds like the UK, but it's hard by Buffalo Grove, Illinois. I was just up there a month ago...stopped by to visit one of our sales guys (who lives in BG) and visit a customer in Lake Forest. Stayed at that big old Marriott.

If you saw the Malibu wedding post on my blog, you might be amused to know that the groom's grandparents have just moved to Atlanta from (where else?) Buffalo Grove.

Small world, innit?