July 15, 2005

Friday Feast time

Appetizer
What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?
Jean...after a favorite aunt of my fathers apparently. When I was growing up it seemed very plain so I wanted to change it to Jean-Louise. Grew out of that. Liked having an X in my maiden name, with a Z in my first name and it started with A which meant I was always at the top of a list...good for prizegiving, bad for class presentations. Now I start with W so I've gone to the bottom of the list - sigh - but the world is running out of Weavers, so I'm happy to do my bit to adding to their numbers as they are pretty nice so far.
We have a family tradition on my mothers side of having the first born son take the mothers maiden name, so my brother is Mark Scott and my cousin is Paul Scott. Given I've left the whole baby thing a wee bit late, it might have to be the first born...or possibly the first pet that takes the glorious name of Alexander.


Soup
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?
Hmmmmmmn, what an odd question. fabrics that cover you, colors that flatter you and styles that make you look skinny I think!


Salad
What is your least favorite chore, and why?
I really really REALLY hate cleaning the fridge, stove is OK but the fridge is just awkward, cold, smelly and full of foods you had no idea you bought!


Main Course
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?
What a bizarre list of questions so far...losing people I love...perhaps a wee bit scarred by losing both parents by 18.
I'm hoping that since I'm older I'll pop off before they do, but they keep flying frequently, living in places where bombs go off, visiting places when tidal waves occur and getting sick...so the odds aren't good


Dessert
Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.
At work...must get back to the emails.
Pictures of my wedding, family, friends, postcards of Prague and Ocean Beach - Tairua and a cool NZ card Dave and Becs gave us
A rainbow colored slinky to play with when phone conference calls get dull
Lavender handcream
thats the good stuff...everyhing else is work - sigh - and speaking of work....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky for you, your'e mum's maiden name wasnt a girly name like, Hilary. poor boy if it was lol. and yeah i got stuck with the same middle name, from my mum's mum. love your blogs, keep it up girl

Anonymous said...

lucky for you, your'e mum's maiden name wasnt a girly name like, Hilary. poor boy if it was lol. and yeah i got stuck with the same middle name, from my mum's mum. love your blogs, keep it up girl