July 19, 2005

How do you clean patio door runners?

with a toothbrush of course!
so the weavers had a very busy weekend doing the first steps of what will prob be a 100step plan for 'tidying up the house', aided and abetted by MIL, FIL, SIL and BIL...still so knackered I can hardly move.
Won't bore you with the details, but once again they involved lots of trips to Home Depot, and we now have a kitchen semi painted in stripes, doors that actually move on their runners, clean siding and all our stuff out of storage...and into the garage...sigh...now just got to find somewhere in the house to put it all...I can feel a garage sale coming on :>)
and the toothbrush thing?
So there I was, on my hands and knees having vacuumed 3 years worth of grime and debri from the runners and looking at the gunge still stuck there, and the array of brushes that were just too big. A momentary flash of inspiration (or perhaps a rush of the mold I'd just brushed off) and I raced off to get a toothbrush, from the trusty 'stuff stolen from airlines' drawer. I did contemplate using my electric one...to cut down on the scrubbing you know! but managed to stop myself in time. The toothbrush (and a lot of elbow grease) worked a treat, a quick coat of silicone spray later and now we can open the doors with one hand, instead of the two hand, full body, 'shove the door with you hip or bum' method favored before.
I might not have saved the world this weekend, but I now know there is a certain amount of satisfaction to be gained from doors that work!

1 comment:

Gordy said...

Toothbrushes come in very useful for all sorts of cleaning, including golf shoes and golf clubs :-)